Our focus in 2.0 has mainly been on performance, remember those “Oops! Verbs has encountered a bump.” alerts? yeah we have knocked off most of them. We’ve also improved memory management by effectively handling low memory situations and being a better citizen by lowering the overall memory footprint. Other fixes include improved Address Book integration and issues when uploading photos taken from the camera.
Here is a detailed list:
- Enable Push Notifications and stay logged in for up to 7 days (Verbs Pro).
- The text entry field grows vertically as you type longer messages.
- Send Chat logs via email.
- Send links in received messages to Instapaper for reading later.
- Horizontal swipe action in the chat view to switch between chats.
- Pinch gesture to zoom out a conversation.
- Tap and hold the unified accounts cell to sign in/out of all accounts.
- Faster buddy list scrolling.
- The collapse Offline buddies preference was not getting saved between launches.
- Now displays AIM buddies “Mobile” status with a blue icon.
- Shows buddy presence above the chat thumbnails.
- Fixed the delay when the buddy list favorite header is tapped.
- Resets the keyboard to display alphabets after sending a message.
- Fixed issues with uploading pictures taken from camera.
- Change application settings through URL Schemes.
- Bug fixes and better memory management.
A lot of our users have been asking us for additional settings, to be able to tweak the default behavior the way they want. We do understand, but too many toggle switches in the interface makes it feel as if we’re sitting in a cockpit. To address this issue, we’re introducing a Settings API which will allow you to change those tiny settings through URL schemes.
Here’s how it works, for example, if you want to turn off auto capitalization in chat, just type open this URL in Safari (on iPhone), it’ll launch Verbs and apply the specified settings.
Or, if you want to apply multiple settings in a go, you can do so by:
Following are the settings that can be changed by setting the parameter to ON/OFF:
vibrate Vibration (iPhone only).
sound Sound alerts.
autoCapitalize Auto capitalization in chat.
autoCorrect Auto correction in chat.
emoticons Show emoticons (a.k.a smileys).
invertedOrientation Whether or not to allow inverted orientation in portrait mode.
For feature requests or if you want to report any issues, please visit our support page.
Posted by @chaitanyapandit